- Omnicar Holdings (Pty) Ltd has been trading since 1981.
- We cover the Western Cape with our 5 Dealerships from Hermanus to Vredenburg.
- We offer approved after sales service in all 4 of the regions we cover.
- We always go the extra mile for our valued customers, whether it be service levels, structuring a deal that will suit your pocket or ensuring you receive the highest quality pre-owned products.
- We are committed to continuous staff training to equip them with the latest product knowledge.
- Omnicars is the biggest independent Hyundai Dealer in the Western Cape.
- Omnicars has won the category “Country Area” Hyundai Dealer award on numerous occasions.
- We offer after hours roadside assistance as part of impeccable service levels.
- We also own a Panel shop.
- We believe in personalised customer service, and always strive to adapt to our customers’ changing needs.
- Our modern service centres with qualified, experienced technicians will give you peace of mind.
- Fully equipped parts department, including accessories for your vehicle.
- Financing to suit your needs, including insurance, top-up insurance, credit life and a variety of value-adding products to offer you the complete customer experience.
- Omnicars employs a total of 160 employees across all its sales, after sales & parts divisions.
My nickname at school was “Karretjie”
presumably due to my interest in cars. Shortly before completing my military service I purchased a VW Beatle as my means of transport back home.
When I returned to Paarl upon completion of my military service I sold the VW Beatle and immediately purchased another 2 vehicles, which essentially kicked off the existence of Omnicar Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
Based close to my father’s office where I worked, I met a mechanic who offered to assist me in the reconditioning of my cars prior to sale.
I continued to buy and sell used cars during my Law studies and in 1973 I rented an open stand in Paarl and obtained a license to trade in used cars, which has been the case to this present day.
Along the way we purchased a Motor Service station which included a workshop for our reconditioning process. At this stage my younger brother joined me to manage the service station. Later we also hired the adjoining open stand and I moved the used vehicles there to have the entire business under one roof.
We later acquired another service station from where we could also display and sell used vehicles.
In 1996 we decided to take on a New Vehicle franchise and became a Daihatsu dealer in Cape Town & Paarl which continued until 2015 when Daihatsu withdrew from the South African market.
After Associated Motor Holdings took over the South African Hyundai distributorship in April 2000 we agreed to become their franchisee in Paarl, which later expanded to Vredenburg, Hermanus & Malmesbury.